As the title reflects, I feel I have been Chasing Rainbows to no avail. I needed someplace or thing to make me feel more grounded and accountable. Somewhere I can record my plans and efforts as I work towards meeting goals of increasing my Polymer Clay knowledge, skills, and abilities while working towards a healthier me, in mind, body, and soul. A place that reminds me that everything has the possibility to improve with effort (I might even catch part of one of those Rainbows, someday).

Hooray for Technology

Posted by Sue C | Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 | Posted in , , , , ,

Hooray, today I get back on track.  It's a mixed hooray, for technology (20 years ago I wouldn't have been able to write this blog or share anything with people all around the world in the blink of an eye) and a not so happy effort at learning all technology has to offer (20 years ago it might have been lots easier for my younger and more agile mind to understand and figure out all this new technology).

Hooray, though, because today I have my computer back at about 80% usage.  I still have things (mainly games) to load as well as a couple upgraded print programs ordered but not here yet.  I have email, and I have internet, and best of all PICTURES, again.

It's a sunshiney 21 degrees of pure white wonderland outside my window and I'm glad to not have to go anywhere today.


 Snuffles and I are just hanging out and doing whatever comes into our heads to do (and fortunately it has come into her little pea brain to use her potty box every time today, so far, cross my fingers).  Here is a picture of Snuffles, named for the BIG BLACK DOG/GRIM in Harry Potter:


This is how big she actually is:


She's about as far from a HUGE BLACK DOG as I can imagine and just for your information, I didn't choose her name, one guess who did. . . but Snuffles she is and it somehow fits her anyway.  She's only 4 months old and we're training her to use a "litter box" so that she can travel in our trailer with us and we don't have to get up at the b---crack of dawn to take her outside every morning.  So far she has about the same consistency of doing what I expect as my computer does, remember? 80%.

As I wrote in the last post, I've finished the Christmas Leftover Beads and here are some final pictures of them.  Now I just have to remember where I put them so I can find them when the season for red, green, and white rolls around again.  I don't have a clue what I'll do with them, maybe try to sell them to a local bead shop or maybe make them into necklaces, or maybe even put them up for auction on eBay.  Anybody want any Christmas colored beads???

Here is the whole kit and kaboodle of 12 focals and 187 graduated size beads.










A few of my favorites.



Finished front and back and I'm pleased with how they came out.



Well, I said I was going to make eyes today, so I'd better get busy.

Comments (2)

Sue.... you won't believe this coming from one who doesn't even like animals much at all - I love Snuffles! I WANT Snuffles!! She is the cutest little thing I've ever seen in my life! Wow, I fell in love. I had a dog named BJ once, who was stolen from me, and BJ was a little like Snuffles.. wahhhh! What a great idea to get her to use a litter box! That will make life easier.

Yay Beads!!!!

Post a Comment