As the title reflects, I feel I have been Chasing Rainbows to no avail. I needed someplace or thing to make me feel more grounded and accountable. Somewhere I can record my plans and efforts as I work towards meeting goals of increasing my Polymer Clay knowledge, skills, and abilities while working towards a healthier me, in mind, body, and soul. A place that reminds me that everything has the possibility to improve with effort (I might even catch part of one of those Rainbows, someday).

Snowy Day

Posted by Sue C | Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 | Posted in ,

I missed a day yesterday, but I now have a mostly working computer.  Unfortunately, it has all new software to learn and I don't have any photo software yet.  DH is working 12 hour days 6 days a week for the next week, so things can only be fixed a little at a time.

Last night and today we had a beautiful snow storm (and I can't even show you a picture of it), at least it was pretty until the wind started blowing.   In case you don't know me too well, I'll try to just say this once (although my family and friends hear it all winter long, every winter. . .) I HATE being cold.  I think snow is pretty, but I really truly hate the cold.  I have had Fibromyalgia since 1991 and the cold, wet, windy weather really aggravates my stiffness and pain.  So, I mostly hibernate during the winter, but I get a lot done (when I don't spend the day playing on the computer, anyway).

Today I got all my household chores done for the week, so tomorrow is devoted to playing clay.  I finished the beads and the focals got their crystals and backs, and they are all cured and ready for pictures (but no photo software yet, so that will have to wait).  My clay desk is cleared off and ready for some new projects.  Tomorrow, I plan to finally make the eyes for the fairy child I'm going to be learning how to sculpt sometime in the next month, through That Creative Place.  I'm really excited to be taking an actual class in sculpting, even if it is on-line.

That's my day, in a nutshell, so guess I'll go get some dinner now.  See ya!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment